HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » FACEBOOK » TWITTER » RANDOM BLOG

Oct 27 2014

Tribute to our Hunter aka Super Dog

Hi everyone,

I wrote a Tribute for our Hunter, aka Super Dog, and emailed it to our favorite Lab Magazine; Just Labs.

They published it in their November/December 2014 issue and sent us 3 copies!

We can only hope that this will give others the strength to go forward with their own decision when faced with becoming the proud caretaker of a tripawd.  I know that we wouldn’t have missed our special 14 months.

It’s sad that another Hunter crossed over the rainbow bridge after only 10 years of life as well. Prayers also to Taylor’s family.

Love,

Julie & Hunter’s pack

HUNTER

Here is the full photo that I submitted:

Hunter and Scott

Scott with his best dog!

7 Responses to “Tribute to our Hunter aka Super Dog”

1.   benny55on 27 Oct 2014 at 10:27 am     Reply1

Awwww Hunter, we love you ao much. If we have to be on this journey, it is such a privilege to be on it with you.

I know your posts uplifted me and kept me so inspired as Happy Hannah and I travelled this path….and you are continuing to do so sweet boy!

And I have the privilege of seeing your happy face everyday with that joyful picture your mom sent!!! What a glorious soul you are!!!

Tracy, is there anyway to make the “letter” bigger? I’ve tried to enlarge it on my tablet but sill can’t read it.

To think of all the people who will be so touched by Super Dog Hunter just warms my heart. Unfortunately, there will be some who will be facing the same journey. Now they will have hope though and now they will have guidance and, most of all, they will have a hero as a role model!

Still rockin’ a life of meaning Hunter!!!! Good job!!!!!

Love to you and Scott!

Sally and My Eternal Light Happy Hannah and Merry Myrtle too!

2.   jerryon 27 Oct 2014 at 11:10 am     Reply2

Aww thank you so much for sharing this here! Yes, Hunter will absolutely give hope to people when they need it most, talk about a SUPER DOG!

He will always touch lives and make a pawsitive impact. That’s quite a legacy.

{{{{hugs}}}

3.   bcullomon 27 Oct 2014 at 1:12 pm     Reply3

I did’t get to know Hunter very well, but he is, and always will be “Super Hunter” to all of us here……All the wonderful beloved Tripawds that have come here and shared their journey, is very uplifting to all of us that have become part of this amazing community.

Love,
    Bonnie & Angel Polly

4.   Michelleon 27 Oct 2014 at 8:57 pm     Reply4

This is awesome. I am so glad that we got to share time with Hunter. Thank you for sharing this article

Hugs
    Michelle & Angel Sassy

5.   labsruson 28 Oct 2014 at 2:56 pm     Reply5

Thank you everyone! We still think of Hunter every day. I’m sure we always will. Sometimes I catch myself calling Harley, our newest pup, by Hunter’s nickname “Hunt”. It’s hard to not compare the two when Harley is out pheasant hunting; doing what Hunter lived to do. Hailey is still doing well. A scrappy 8 year old now. She and Harley both just hunted for the second time this season on Saturday. Both of them keep us really busy so that’s good.

6.   maximutton 28 Oct 2014 at 10:24 pm     Reply6

Hunter, you are indeed a Super Dog, and you will never be forgotten! You showed us all how to be more dog, even in the face of adversity. I know your family loved you so much, and were very sad to lose you. But I also know that the memories you gave them will carry them through the years, and bring smiles to their face when they’re feeling down. You were an amazing boy, Super Dog. I never got to meet you, but I sure feel like I knew you. Thanks for sharing your story with us! I hope you have had the chance to meet my handsome blue-eyed boy Max at The Bridge. I know the two of you would’ve gotten along great!