HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » FACEBOOK » TWITTER » RANDOM BLOG

Jan 31 2014

A Tribute to Super Dog

As a tribute to our lab (and Tripawd) Hunter, who we lost to bone cancer last July, my husband got a tattoo of him.

After three, 4 hr. sessions, this is the finished tattoo….

Finished tattoo with photo

Hunter’s name is spelled out in the pheasant feather, and there are two pheasants flying in the background.

(The photo on the left is what the artist used for reference.)

We love you Super Dog!

Here’s  a photo of my husband, Scott, with Hunter:

P1130613

Hug your pups for us.

Love, Julie

Super Dog’s Mom

15 Responses to “A Tribute to Super Dog”

1.   murphsmomon 31 Jan 2014 at 12:02 pm     Reply1

Wow! That tattoo artist is truly an artist. Great tribute.

Kathi and Murphy

2.   benny55on 31 Jan 2014 at 2:16 pm     Reply2

As soon as I saw his avatar picture on the forum page in the blog section, it made my jeart sing. It was just so nice to see him in the forus again.

AND THEN…..AND THEN…..I clicked nto our blog…OMD!!!!!!!!!

That is THE most perfect tattoo I have EVER seen!!! It captures Hunter’s essence brilliantlu!! His smile, his sparkling eyes, his coloring…..EVERYTHING IS SHEER PERFECTION!! Truly, I am absoltely astounded by the detail and the likeness!

The artist did a magical job. Clearly Super Dog Hunter was overseeing every stroke. It’s just masterful! Love the touch of the pheasants…..Nice.

What a WONDERFUL FOREVER way to memorialize such a great soul. Talk about being with you forever…..no doubt about it!

Thank you so much for sharng this with us. I think the artist who did this and the one who did the portrait of Sassy for Michelle ought to be put in THE ARTIST HALL OF FAME, They put skill AND compassion i to each heartfelt stroke. Brilliant, just brilliant!

Sending love and hugs to all…..giving Super Dog Hunter’s picture I have here an extra kiss!!

Sally and Happy Hannah

3.   Dianeon 31 Jan 2014 at 2:35 pm     Reply3

That is an absolute piece of art!! Very moving. Hunter was a very special boy!

4.   adminon 31 Jan 2014 at 5:43 pm     Reply4

Beautiful work! how ’bout a shout out for the artist and/or studio?

5.   Linda Morriceon 31 Jan 2014 at 6:24 pm     Reply5

What a beautiful tribute to Hunter!

Thanks for the reminder to hug our pups!

Linda and Tucker

6.   Michelleon 31 Jan 2014 at 9:32 pm     Reply6

That is a very special tribute to Hunter. The artist did a great job. I love it.

Hugs
    Michelle & Angel Sassy

7.   fourminipupson 31 Jan 2014 at 11:21 pm     Reply7

Wow! How special!

Luanne

8.   jerryon 01 Feb 2014 at 7:32 am     Reply8

Oh WOW! Hugs all around, this is just beautiful

HOPPY AMPUVERSARY HUNTER!!!!

9.   penny4weimson 01 Feb 2014 at 11:12 am     Reply9

Boy, that’s a really nice tattoo. But I bet it hurt like the dickens!
    But it is beautiful! Hunter would be proud.

10.   labsruson 06 Feb 2014 at 10:33 am     Reply10

The tattoo was done by Barry of Waukesha Tattoo Company in Waukesha, Wisconsin. Thank you Barry!

11.   Bruiserbrunoon 03 Mar 2014 at 3:22 pm     Reply11

Wow. Absolutely a masterpiece. Hunter is really now always with you. Love it

12.   Codie Raeon 31 Mar 2014 at 12:36 pm     Reply12

That has to be the best dog tattoo I have ever seen! A masterpiece indeed! My mom sez she is coming to visit as soon as she saves up enough for a tattoo of Rosa Rae, she who came before us 🙂